DATE OF TRIP: Friday May 26th, 2017
Tomorrow Grade 3/4 Sullivan and Grade 4 Mutch will be visiting two wetlands in Miramichi for a day-long field trip.
We will take a walking tour of the Strawberry Marsh, and have a guided tour of the Lower Napan Marsh with “Ducks Unlimited” naturalists. Activities will support Science concepts in our Plants and Habitats units.
We will be leaving the school by bus at 8:30 am, and return back by 2:30 pm. We are eating lunch outside, or in the Nelson Rural school cafeteria, depending on the weather. Students are asked to:
- Pack a bag lunch (no microwave available)
- Wear rubber boots (or an old pair of sneakers)
- Pack a change of socks and pair of shoes that can get dirty or wet
- Wear/Pack appropriate clothing for the weather: Hat & sunscreen if it is hot and sunny/ Rain jacket if it is raining
- Apply bug spray (Please put this on at home)
- Bring a water bottle!
Since activities will involve wet conditions, no sandals or flip-flops, please. Parent volunteers will not be needed for this trip. We are looking forward to an awesome adventure! If you have any further questions, please contact the school at 836-7010.